From your course menu:
- Access Tools and click Send Email.
- On the Send Email page, click the link for the desired recipient group. A new page appears.
- Create your message, attach files if desired and Submit.
You cannot send email to anyone who is not a member of the course. You can disable email student-to-student email setting and allow students to only send email messages to teaching assistants or instructor users. These changes can be made by going to your Control Panel > Customization > Tool Availability > Email > Email Settings and then deselect the ones you want to turn off. See https://sdsu-its.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1590151-disable-email-options?b_id=699Important Tips
- Blackboard Learn keeps no record of sent emails. You will receive a copy of your email in the Inbox of your external email account. Keep a copy of important messages in case you need them at a later date.
- Blackboard Learn will NOT recognize files or email addresses with spaces or special characters, such as #, &, %, and $. In general, use only alphanumeric file names and addresses in Blackboard Learn.
- Do not send email through Blackboard Learn without content in the subject line. Leaving the subject line blank can prevent the message from being delivered.