Create a Blackboard Assignment
There are two kinds of assignments in our SDSU Blackboard. One is Turnitin Assignments (provide link) - an outside tool integrated into Blackboard - and the other is the built-in Blackboard Assignment tool. This article discusses Blackboard Assignments. The easiest way to collect assignments, papers, or files from your students is to use Blackboard Assignments. Assignments are created in Content Areas, but can also be added to Learning Modules, Lesson Plans, and folders. Any instructions and file attachments that students need to complete the assignment should be provided at the time of assignment creation. You can deliver assignments to each student individually or as collaborative work for groups.
Note: If you allow multiple submissions, by default the Grade Center column will use the last submitted grade. Make sure to change it to highest or other choice as needed by going to the Grade Center and choosing "Edit Column Information."
To create an Assignment,
1. Click the Assignments link on your course menu
2. Click on Assessments.
4. On the Create Assignment page, enter a Name for your assignment. This is required.
5. In the Instructions box, add the instructions for the assignment with due dates and any other pertinent information.
6. You can also browse and attach a files, such as rubrics, from your local computer.
7. Scroll down and enter the Points Possible.
8. Select the checkbox to Make the Assignment Available Yes or No.
9. Choose Number of Attempts. If you choose multiple attempts, by default, Blackboard shows you the student’s most recent submission (there is an option to view and download a student’s previous submissions.)
10. Use the choices in "Limit Availability" for dates and times you will accept student submissions. Students will not be able to submit anything once the "Display Until" date has passed.
11. If you are going to accept late submissions, select and set the Due Date and time. If you are not going to accept late submissions, leave this section blank.
12. Finally, choose if this assignment will be available to all of your students or to select groups of students.
13.Then, click Submit.
Blackboard will display a green success box telling you that you assignment has been successfully created. A new column in the Grade Center will automatically be created.