Create Group Set (multiple groups at once)
There are two major paths for creating Groups. A single group is a manual process in which you create groups one group at a time and manually enroll students into each group. A "group set" allows you to create multiple groups at once and you can randomly assign students to groups automatically. You can edit either of these groups and enrollments at any time. Group sets are managed as a group.
- On the Control Panel, select Users and Groups, then select Groups.
- On the Groups page, click "Create Group Set" to access the drop-down list.
- Select Self, Manual, or Random Enroll. The easiest is random; however if additional students join your class after you create groups, you may need to go back and manually add them.
- Enter a Name for the groups. Numbers will automatically be added! You can go back later and rename the groups using, for example specific projects or topics instead of numbers.
- To make the Group Available, select Yes.
- Select desired tools.
- Optional: Select the checkbox for Module Personalization Setting to allow students toadd personal modules to the Group space.
- You can select Random enrollment (automatic and easiest), Manual (you move students into groups) or Self-Enroll (students sign up for groups) options. If using "self-enroll," select sign-up sheet. If random, you may need to return and add students later who enroll in your course late.
- Click Submit.