Everyone forgets the basic steps for getting started with i>clickers. This checklist can be printed and taken to class with you until you no longer need it.
These steps are fully documented in our Faculty User Guide website or the downloadable PDF. (Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
- ___ plug the USB end of the receiver cable into the smart podium USB port (Mac or PC)
- ___ plug the other end (USB a - b) into the base receiver
- ___ plug the i>clicker flash drive into the USB port on the base receiver
*Newer USBs require a power cord!
- ___ open the "i>clicker" software on your flash drive (Mac or Win)
- ___ select your course (assumes you already created a course)
- ___ open your presentation in slide show mode and you are ready to start the polling session
*Putting your presentation on the same flash drive as the i>clicker software eliminates carrying extra stuff
- ___ start polling by pressing your blue remote "A" button (labeled Start/Stop polling)
- ___ stop polling using the same remote "A" button or use your mouse to press red circle on the session toolbar
* Using remote allows you to roam your classroom thus inhibiting students from bringing extra i>clickers
Display Results Chart / Designate Correct Answer
- ___ click remote button "B" which is labeled Show/Hide results
- ___ use remote button "E" to cycle thru answers; leave correct answer green on results display
*Don't worry if you don't identify correct answers, that can be done later in the i>grader software.