How to Grade Assignments
There are a few different ways to access and grade Blackboard Assignments. You can grade papers individually as they are received or grade them in batches and cycle thru submissions one by one. You can access assignments by using the "Needs Grading" tool or you can access them by clicking on the "Assignments" menu item. See also this video tutorial from Blackboard on Inline Assignment Grading.
1. Needs Grading:
- On the Control Panel, expand the Grade Center section and select "Needs Grading"
- On the Needs Grading page, you can select which item you want to grade, which category, which user, etc.
- Once you have made a selection, you will be taken to the appropriate grading tool.
2. To grade Blackboard Assignments from the Grade Center:
Note: You can set up other grade center columns to appear in this list by using the Smart Views tool in Grade Center.
- On the Control Panel, expand the Grade Center section and select Assignments
To grade a single assignment attempt:
- Locate the cell for a student’s assignment containing an exclamation mark and click on the contextual menu
- Select Attempt
To grade all submissions for an assignment:
- Access the assignment column’s contextual menu
- Select Grade Attempts