How To Grade With Rubrics (Rubrics)
Before grading with a rubric, you need to associate it with one of the following gradable items:
- Essay, Short Answer, and File Response test questions
- Blogs and journals
- Discussion board forums and threads
Use the following steps to grade using rubrics.
The Raw Total displays the score rounded to two decimal places.
- Access the gradable item in the Grade Center, on the Needs Grading page, or from the tool.
- Click View Rubric to review or begin grading with the associated rubric.
- In Grid View, click a cell to apply that point value to the grade. If a rubric with point ranges is used, select the appropriate value from the drop-down list. To change the selection, click another cell in the same row. Optionally, type Feedback to the student in the text box that appears when a cell is selected.
- Optionally, click List View to switch displays and select an option for each criterion to apply that point value to the grade. Optionally, select the check boxes to Show Descriptions for criteria and to Show Feedback text boxes.
- A running Raw Total score appears as you make point selections. Optionally, type a score in the Change the number of points box to override the selected score, and type overall Feedback to the student using the full features of the content editor.
- When grading is complete, click Exit to leave the rubric without saving your selections, or click Save to save the score and feedback and return to the attempt. Click Save and Next to use another associated rubric for evaluation.