Create Info Columns in Grade Center
Instructors can create text columns in the Grade Center that contain non-grade information such as a student’s preferred name, lab partner, hometown, etc. This non-grade information must be manually entered by the instructor.
- In the Grade Center, click Create Column on the Action Bar.
- On the Create Grade Column page, enter the Column Name and optional Description. [Enter a brief, descriptive name. This becomes the column name in Grade Center, unless a shorter name or abbreviation is entered in the Grade Center Display Name text box. The optional description appears when the column information is viewed.]
- Select Text in the the Primary Display drop-down list.
- In the Points Possible text box, enter 0.
- Select the No radio node for Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations.
- Select the No radio node for Show this Column to Students.
- Click Submit.
- Enter the students’ non-grade information in the new Grade Center column. [To change the Grade Center’s column order, click Manage > Column Organization.]