Add an Avatar
You can upload an avatar, a photo, that is used to represent you throughout the system. Avatar images appear in the page header, blogs, journals, discussions, and within notifications modules such as What's New, Needs Attention, and To Do.
Users can upload a photo or other image they have created to use as an avatar. The recommended pixel size for an avatar image is 150 by 150.
Watch a Tutorial
Use the following steps to add your avatar image:
- From the Global Navigation menu, click Settings, and then click Personal Information. You can also access Personal Information on the Tools panel.
- On the Personal Information page, click Personalize My Settings.
- On the Personalize My Settings page, you can add or change your personal avatar. Click Use custom avatar image. You will not see this option if your institution has turned on the profiles feature.
- Click Browse My Computer.
- Select the avatar image file and click Open.
- Click Submit.