Tools for Teaching
Blackboard allows faculty to move their course materials, announcements, assignments, group work, assessment and evaluation online in the following ways:
- Tests: Measure knowledge and gauge progress by creating tests and deploying them in a course area.
- Assignments: Students can upload their work using the Assignment tools. Faculty can grade and provided feedback to students.
- Retention Center: Monitor students progress during the semester and receive alerts when certain criteria are met.
- Inline Grading: No need to download papers, you can now view, comment, and grade within Blackboard.
- Surveys: You can easily create and deploy surveys in a course area then download or view results from the Grade Center.
i>clicker is a way for faculty encourage classroom participation and gather information from students. Check out our i>clicker info section!
Turnitin is an enhanced assignment tool that can be used to provide feedback and evaluation. Turnitin syncs with Blackboard Grade Center.
- Peermark: Allow students to anonymously grade or review other student work
- GradeMark: Provides a library of customizable comments and tools for providing feedback to students including voice messages.
- Rubrics: Create your own rubrics that are integrated into Blackboard. Use these rubrics to easily grade student work and feed right into the Grade Center. There are also options to allow students to view rubrics to guide their work before submitting.
Parscore is a classic, traditional method of assessment used by many faculty. Visit our Parscore topic for more information on how to evaluate student work.